Tuesday, September 08, 2009

Making a change by moving to Sweden

Everyone encounters change throughout life.  These changes are driven from evolving circumstances and new opportunities.

I'm making a big change in my circumstances by moving to Sweden. And it's tough. I'm filled with excitement and optimism, fear and stress.

For a few days, here's what it felt like:
Your sleeping and eating patterns are off.  Your attention level is elevated. Your head aches. The pressure around you feels strangely elevated.  You feel dizzy. You feel like you're getting a cold.  And you are.

But then, little by little, you start getting used to little things.  You still feel like an outsider, but a little less so every day.

Like today, when I randomly found Jello and Kraft Macaroni and Cheese at the grocery store.

Things may be very different here, and I'm looking forward to experiencing that, but those things that remind me of the past help me feel a bit more comfortable and at home as I develop my new home in Stockholm.

No comments: