Saturday, February 04, 2006

One night in Bangkok (and the world's your Oyster)


Last night was my first night in Bangkok. I met up with Thana and we went out for dinner to a cool pizza place. We milled around a bit, but I was tired and Thana had to work the next day, so we didn't stay out.

I had been traveling all day. Ban Luang is serviced by a non-air conditioned bus at roughly 8:30 am. This route is the northern equivalent to my trip from Chiang Mai to Nan, passing through Phayo. Sean was not able to see me off as he had to head out into the country on a school trip, so his friend Peafoy came over at 8:00 to make sure I got on the bus. It was very nice of her to do that, and she even brought a couple small bags of some sort of mini-cookies (looked like a mini fig newton as the inside was dusted with chocolate, but tasted slightly like regular Cap'n Crunch).

I was really proud of myself when I understood the 'bus-attendant' tell us that we'd be taking a 15 minute break at some random town's bus terminal. I looked for some fresh fruit for sale, but couldn't find any and settled on a Magnum ice cream bar instead.

Anyway, I've been to Bangkok before, so the world is already my oyster I guess. Here's a photo of the Bangkok skyline.

No comments: