Wednesday, January 18, 2006

3 days and counting.

Picked up my business visa today from the Chinese Consulate. I waited for a few minutes while the lady behind the window examined a $100 bill. I guess she thought it was fake or something.

I also had a minor hiccup with the Chacos- apparently, Half Moon uses some credit card service that assigns a security score to every transaction, and mine didn't make the cut, so the order was denied. I contacted Chase about this, and they said that there were three authorizations to Half Moon (two from me trying to buy online and one from a staff member trying manually today) so there was no problem with my credit card. I contacted Half Moon and left a voice mail. I received a call back and the lady indicated that since I answered the phone with my name, it gives some legitimacy to my order and she said she would process it. Hopefully they arrive tomorrow or Thursday.

I did receive an e-mail from REI confirming that they have shipped my order from Washington, and I should be receiving that tomorrow.

I also picked up the remainder of my malaria pills prescription from Walgreens. While discussing possible side effects, the pharmacist reminded me to wear mosquito repellant (which to my credit, was on the list of things to buy or make sure I have), so I decided to make it easier on myself and just buy some. I picked up Cutter's mini bottle with manual pump, mainly because it will save space. It's also nearly 100% DEET, which I realize is incredibly unhealthy, but I'll be careful with it.

Finally, I received some recommendations on various places to shop....

No comments: