Friday, January 13, 2006

A whole slew of updates

So here's everything in a nutshell:
  • Picked up a plug converter and another long life battery for my T43. (Now I have two.)
  • Started filling out the various forms to get a business visa in China (which includes an "invitation to Beijing" from a partner here in the US firm--potential slightly funny story later, if requested)
  • Found out that the Dallas plan has changed--We had to cut one person and since i've already shadowed the product I'm expendable. Ok with me-- I'm the only one worldwide within PwC that can handle this product, and while I don't mind being the global expert, we need to get more PwC folks familiar with it. At least I get more time in Chicago to get stuff done.
  • Determined that Chinese New Year is a family holiday and not worth sticking around Beijing
  • Worked late
  • Received an order for a pair of Rolex watches that normally retail in the US for about $7,500. Black market, probably $100 at most.
  • Called Sean in Thailand tonight (Friday morning for him--he was doing laundry and getting ready for his week of camping), and have a funny story about how many times I tried to call before i got the dialing sequence right. Best dollar I've ever spent. Glad I've got international dialing on my cell phone.
  • Was invited out for margaritas via AOL IM just before talking to Sean.
  • Discovered that Thailand only has whiskey so I'm going to take some margarita mix (pre-mixed or Cuervo and mix) for Sean.
  • Drank some killer margaritas.
(written while slightly intoxicated, forgive the lack of details and feel free ask questions in the comments.)
  • went to sleep

No comments: