Friday, January 27, 2006

It's official: I'm on vacation!

I just finished a 21:00 (Beijing)/7:00 am (Chicago) conference call and am now on vacation!

Well, almost. The only other thing I need to do is submit my time report. I'll do that tomorrow before traveling to Chiang Mai, Thailand.

My flight leaves Beijing at about 13:00 and after two connections (Hong Kong and Bangkok), I arrive in Chiang Mai at about 23:30. Thailand is 1 hour behind China, so it will take about 12 hours to get to Chiang Mai. Amazing that it would take only another hour if I was flying direct Beijing to Chicago.

No accommodations are arranged yet, and it's Chinese New Year, so the lodging options appear thin, but I'm confident that either tomorrow morning or upon arrival, I will be able to sort something out.

No comments: