Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Things any traveller should bring to Thailand

  • Toilet paper
  • Alarm clock (added bonus if the alarm clock is inside your cell phone)
  • Compass

Also, a cell phone is handy as you can call ahead to a guest house to see if they have room at your leisure rather than from a pay phone. Also very useful when meeting up with someone.

I brought toilet paper (wet wipes actually--they're useful for washing your hands, face, feet, etc.) and a cell phone with an alarm clock, but didn't bring a compass. I was a bit uncomfortable at the bus station in Nan since my Lonely Planet map told me where the Nan Guest House was, but it was dark and I had no idea what direction to head in. I decided to call the guest house, and the owner was nice enough to come pick me up, on a motor bike…. It was a short, fun ride, and it's a good thing I don't have too much luggage!! Holding on to all of it was challenging enough.

No comments: