Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Beijing Accomodations

I'm considering the following hotels:
  • Holiday Inn Lido (walking distance to the client, and Priority Club points)
  • Great Wall Sheraton (2nd closest to client, on Third Ring Road, and Starwood points)
  • St. Regis Hotel (on the south-west side of the Jianguomenwai Embassy Area and on Second Ring Road, again, Starwood points. Also near a subway station)
  • The Peninsula Palace Beijing (just east of the Forbidden City, no points, but my manager stayed there a month or two ago when he paid a visit.)
I may still add another hotel to the list.

I am weighing several factors: convenience for travel to/from the client (as this is a business trip), but also the surrounding area, particularly restaurants and general shopping/nightlife activities. Beijing traffic is no picnic, and I'd like to minimize the amount of time I lose due to the commute to/from work and in the evenings, to/from dinner and shopping/nightlife. The Sheraton is probably the front-runner at this point.

No comments: